Georgia Capital PLC (the “Group” or “Georgia Capital”), announces that Georgian National Energy and Water Supply Regulatory Commission (“GNERC”), the independent body that regulates the Group’s water utility business, has approved new tariffs for water supply and sanitation (“WSS”) services:
- The WSS tariffs1 in Tbilisi have increased compared to the previous regulatory period of 2018-2020:
- from GEL 0.3 to GEL 0.5 for residential customers; and
- from GEL 4.4 to GEL 6.5 for legal entities.
- The tariff increase translates into a 38% growth in allowed water revenues in the upcoming three year regulatory period, effective from 1 January 2021.
- The return on investment (WACC) is set at 14.98% (15.99% in the previous regulatory period).